What is NADD?
Our Mission: The National Association of Diaconate Directors exists to support diaconate directors, associate directors, and their staffs with their mission to enable deacons, candidates, aspirants, their wives and families to utilize their gifts in the service of the Church following the model of Jesus Christ.
Why Join NADD?
- NADD helps member dioceses operate successful programs for the formation, ministry and life of their deacons in accord with the National Directory
- NADD members routinely network on shared issues and consult on new problems with full confidentialtiy
- NADD keeps members in touch through e-newsletters, regional meetings and in-dpth online resources
- NADD conducts annual convention to engage directors in practical topics that thelp them with their responsibilities and to provide opportunities for their personal growth
- NADD regional meetings connect members with Association issues while providing opportunities for problem solving through the experiences of other directors
- NADD offers two acclaimed study programs: The National Directory Institute (NDI) addresses the normative objectives for the period of inquiry through ordination. The Ministry and Life Institute (MLI) addresses post-ordination formation to enhance the spirituality, ministry and life of deacons.
- NADD resources include an online membership directory, access to stored presentations from previous conventions, books at a discount, and results of survey work
- NADD is the sole diaconal consultant organization to the USCCB Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations
- NADD works on with CCLV to provide a Visiting Consultation Team when formally requested by the local ordinary
Current membership dues are $625 for the first diocesan voting membership. Additional voting memberships are $200. Additional non-voting memberships
NADD Mission Statement
''The National Association of Diaconate Directors exists to support diaconate directors, associate directors, and their staffs in their mission to enable deacons, candidates, aspirants, their wives and families to utilize their gifts in the service to the Church following the model of Jesus Christ.''