The National Association of Diaconate Directors (NADD) supports member Roman Catholic dioceses and Eastern Catholic eparchies in the United States and Canada in their work of formation, ministry and life of deacons. NADD member services include an annual convention, the National Directory and Ministry and Life Institutes, online document resources, discount book sales, program visitation/consultation, and networking.
Looking for informaton about the 2018 National Diaconate Congress? Please visit www.deacon2018.org for details!
Convention 2017 Registration is Open!
Registration for the 2017 NADD Convention in Columbus on April 26 to 28 is open! Click the REGISTER(Member) button below to register. Exhibitors can submit payment using the "Donation/Payment" tab on the left-side menu.
Bridging Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations
Deacon: Bridging Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations
Join NADD members from across the country as we gather on April 26-28, 2017 at the Sheraton on Capitol Square in Columbus, Ohio. The 2017 NADD convention will provide an opportunity to consider diaconal ministries in relation to people of other faiths while developing a deeper understanding of other faith traditions.
The theme of the convention, "Bridging Ecumenism and Interfaith Relations," bids us to consider the ways in which we can integrate our own Catholic identity with an appreciation of how others relate to God. Between general sessions and workshops, there will be multiple opportunities to learn and grow.
The convention will be held at the Sheraton on Capitol Square in downtown Columbus. The hotel is located in the heart of Ohio's capitol, convenient to nearby restaurants, shopping, museums and theaters. The Sheraton features a full-service Starbucks, an upscale fitness center and an exclusive Sheraton Club Lounge with spectacular views. Just a few steps from the hotel, climb on the free "C-Bus" that travels north and south along High Street so that you can visit restaurants and shops in German Village, the Arena District and more.
Important note: the cutoff date for hotel reservations is April 3 . There will be a marathon race in downtown Columbus on the weekend of the convention, so hotel rooms will become scarce. Don't wait to make your room reservation!
CLICK HERE to book your hotel reservation online or call the reservation desk at 1-800-325-3535 -- please refer to the NADD 2017 Annual Convention at Sheraton Capitol Square.
|Event End Date||04-28-2017|
|Registration Start Date||01-12-2017|
|Cut off date||04-15-2017|
|Member Price||Members $575; Spouse $525; Closing Banquet $75 per person|
|Location||Sheriton on Capitol Square, Columbus OH|
NADD members enjoy many benefits:
- NADD not only helps diocesan and eparchy diaconate offices to operate successful programs for the formation of Catholic deacons in accord with the National Directory, but offers extensive post-ordination resources too
- NADD offers workshops, reference materials and opportunities to network with peers on issues affecting formation, ministry and life of deacons
- NADD keeps members in-touch through e-newsletters, meetings and in-depth online resources
- NADD conducts annual conventions featuring noted speakers and practical workshop topics
- NADD offers the Deacon Institute Series:
- National Directory Institute (NDI ) addresses the normative objectives for the period of Inquiry through Ordination
Video of Bishop Frederick F. Campbell, Bishop of Columbus and Chair of the Bishop’s Committee on the Diaconate, talking about the Diaconate upon promulgation of the National Directory (2005). Click HERE to view the video
- Ministry and Life Institute (MLI) addresses Post-Ordination formation to enhance the ministry and life of deacons in your diocese
- NADD resources include an online membership directory, sample manuals, texts of convention presentations, and books at a discount
- NADD is the sole diaconal consultant organization to the USCCB Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations
2018 Diaconal Congress
NADD is organizing the 2018 Diaconal Congress of Deacons to be held in the Archdiocese of New Orleans in July 2018. This event marks the 50th anniversary of the renewal of the Order of Deacon as a permanent ministry in the Church.
Planning for this speical event is underway, but we need your financial support to make it happen! Please write a generous check to NADD to help fund our planning and organization efforts. The National Association of Diaconate Directors (NADD) is recognized as a not for profit charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Please make checks payable to: NADD-2018
Mail checks to: NADD-2018
7625 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43235
NADD Mission Statement:
The National Association of Diaconate Directors exists to support diaconate directors, associate directors, and their staffs with their mission to enable deacons, candidates, aspirants, their wives and families to utilize their gifts in the servie of the Church following the model of Jesus Christ.
NADD offices are located in the Pope John Paul II Education
Center on the campus of the Pontificial College Josephinium
in Columbus, Ohio.